Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Pizza Hut Girl (Part 1)

    I'm so excited to share with you a guest post by my dear friend, Katie. Katie and I lived down the hall from one another in college, and we continue to keep in touch now years later. Her energy and joyfulness is contagious to all around her. She is not only an incredible singer, but also writer. 
     Her posts on her blog, Poca Luz, and Facebook page are always so wise and encouraging. She has generously written a wonderful post to be shared on Reviving Homemaking. The post will be shared over the course of four installments, so be sure to check back daily to read them all. Trust me, you're in for a treat!

    P.S. Her husband is a part of the awesome music group, The CO. You can find out more on them through their webpage and Facebook fan page.  


Guest post by Katie B. 

Are you enough?  

     Do ever feel like you're just not as talented, or smart, or pretty, or skinny, or funny, or stylish, or popular as the girl standing next to you in the line at Target?

     Many a times I feel as if I'm not enough.  I often find myself envying the pretty women in the magazines and the silver screen, sometimes without even realizing it, and I never seem to measure up.

    All that boils down to an even bigger struggle for me: Does my life really matter?  Am I making an impact?  Is my voice being heard?  Or am I just a waste of space?

    I love to encourage others and I hope this post encourages you by a special story that I'm about to share.

     To start this story I have to tell you that I'm a singer, song-writer and musician.  I've always loved to entertain people and perform and music is a huge part of my heart.  I've been on the roller-coaster ride of the music industry since I was 16 and I have to tell you, if you doubt your self-worth at all, it's the worst industry to put yourself in.  Jumping off the roller-coaster may eventually sound much more appealing than hanging on for dear life with a nauseous tummy sickened with fear and failures.

     A few years ago after I had several disappointments in my music career and was sitting in a cubicle to pay the bills, an opportunity hit me like a punch to the gut.  I had been told to try out for American Idol for years by friends, family and fans of my music.  I declined, knowing there was more unpleasant things I would much rather do, ANY DAY, than go to try out for that show.  Then about 3 years ago I felt as if God tapped me on the shoulder and said, "It's time to conquer those fears Katie!"  Gulp.  I'm not kidding, I used to have nightmares of trying out for that show.  Think about this with me...  If you are someone who has invested a good number of years in perfecting your art in writing music and gaining experience in various areas of your craft, wouldn't you be terrified that it could all be shattered after singing accapella a cover of some pop song in front of a table of larger than life tv personalities?... Oh and did I forget, MILLIONS OF VIEWERS?!  Yeah...

Check back tomorrow, 10/17/12, for Part 2!


Linked up at: Thankful Homemaker, Growing Home, Time-Warp Wife, Far Above Rubies


        -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...