Saturday, March 29, 2014

Five Question Friday- 03/29/14


     Five Question Friday is a fun little post each week in which five random questions are answered. It's an opportunity for us to get to know one another a little better. Best of all is that you can participate too! Simply leave your answers to the questions in the comment field below! Or, suggest a question to be featured on a future 5QF!

1. What are you favorite foods? (Thank you Amy K. for submitting this question this week!)
     For our birthdays we each cook the other person his/her favorite meal. For my husband that meal is fried chicken and sides. For myself, I enjoy meatloaf, pinto beans, macaroni and cheese, scrambled (fried) okra etc. Of course, both meals include a delicious glass of sweet tea! Can you tell we're from the South?
     My favorite dessert is ice cream. I love ice cream. The best is coffee ice cream with cookie dough pieces. Yum! 
     For greater insight into favorite foods or the meals we typically eat, view any of the many menu plans listed on the site.  :)

2. If you could meet anyone from the past, who would it be? Why?
      I think I'd want to meet some of the individuals featured in the Bible. There is so much variation of assumptions and interpretations of people and/or events in the Bible that it would be interesting to learn from a firsthand account.  

3. What do you enjoy doing with your family?
     I simply enjoy being with my husband and son. It doesn't matter what we're doing. The mundane everyday routine is just as wonderful as if we went out and did something else. Their mere presence in my life makes it rich and I cherish the time we spend together.
     In regard to extended family, one of my favorite times is what is coming to be our annual gathering in TN. On my husband's side of the family, there are four family each living in different states. Last year we decided to all plan to come together for a weekend. The fact that 12+ family members can be together enjoying one another's company (ie no ridiculous attitudes or arguing!) for several days is a testament to the beauty of this family. I personally want a family that enjoys being together, and to be a part of a family that enjoys being together. Us coming together for this little family vacation weekend is one of my favorite ways of enjoying being with my extended family. 

4. If you could change one thing that happened today, what would it be and why?
     Today is a lazy day. Tennyson woke up rather fussy. He seems rather overtired as though he might not have gotten the most solid sleep last night. So, he's enjoying lots of cuddling time this morning with his Daddy. Hubby and I are pretty tired too. It was a more consuming week, and the rest today feels rather nice. If I could change anything about the day so far though, it would be for there to be a little more energy and productivity. But I know that sometimes you need a rest day, so I'm not changing anything just yet! (It's also so sweet to see the two of them napping together. A good Daddy just melts a Mama's heart!)

5. What do you want to be doing in 10 years?
     Wow, in ten years Tennyson will be...well, 10! Oh my, I'm not sure I even want to think of that just yet. I'm always hesitant to confine the future to a timeline of events. The only part I hope persists is us having a joyful home and life full of family! 

How would you answer this week's Five Question Friday? What questions would you like to see answered in future 5QF?

Linked up at: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...